Friday 20 May 2016

Holiday Time

It's my turn today to share some inspiration for All Dressed Up's new release images.  I got to use Sandy Beach.

This is such a fantastic image I decide to do it as a CAS card and showcase it.

I've used ProMarkers to colour this with.  If you look carefully you can see the sky is darker at the top.  I've been studying the sky lately to see if I can improve my colouring of it.

I've kept the beach and background muted to the pops of orange, green and blue really stand out.
I've drawn some faux stitching around the edge of the image so it's in keeping with Wendy's designs.  All I've used apart from this is a piece of blue card stock.


Andrea x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges
PINspirational - Challenge 165
Fab n Funky - No Design Papers
I Love ProMarkers - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmarkers - Stitching Faux or Real
World Wide Open Design Team - Challenge 10
The Sisterhood of Crafters - No Design Paper
Creative Ladybirds Creations - Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Scrapping4Fun - Anything Goes
Penny's Challenge - Anything Goes


17 comments:

Darlene said...

This is awesome! What a fun scene you have created! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘NO DESIGNER PAPER’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pat K said...

Fabulous card Andrea...love the cas look with this wonderful scene you've created. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky. hugs, Pat K x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Aweseom ~ Love your holiday creation. Image is done very well and the background is perfect. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Aileen said...

wonderful card, love that image and your colouring of it. Perfect

Bernadet said...

Great card Andrea!

Maikreations said...

I completely love your card! The way you let those few colours pop looks awesome and your subtle colouring for the background turned out beautiful! Thank you for joining our „Stitching - Real or Faux“ challenge over at the Crafty Cardmakers ;o) Happy crafting,
Maike

The Little Stamper said...

A beautifully coloured summer time scene....makes me think of wonderful family holidays!

Thanks for sharing at Fab n Funky.

Sharon x

Wanda said...

Your coloring is so nice. I love the soft scene you've created here.
Thank you for sharing with us here today and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Handmade by Veer said...

Great holiday creation!
Thank you for joining us at Creative ladybirds creations
Veronique DT

Judy McKay said...

Love your card. Very nice design. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Jenna ♥ said...

This is absolutely fantastic card! I love the image and soft colours! Thanks for playing with us at Scrapping4FunChallenges.
Good Luck!!!

Jenna, DT
Jenna's Design

Lia said...

This card makes me feeling good: almost summer holidays!!
Lia, DT S4F

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous little scene on your card! Love how you let the image be the focus point. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun
Tina dt

Josephine said...

Love that image - what a great holiday card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Love your card so pretty
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. Love the simplicity of the card and soft colors. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Awesome card! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (SO sorry I'm late commenting but I have so much trouble with this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT foolishness!!)
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper